Monday, July 23, 2007

London

WEll I have been in aFrica for about a week. It is crazy here it is not what I expected. But first I will talk about London. Well I departed from boston but when we were about a third of the way there there was a thud. The pilot and flight attendants had not heard anything like it before so they decided to turn the plane around to check it out. In the end there was nothing wrong but they took out all the cargo and then put it back in. So I ended up arriving to London 6 hours late which was dissapointing. That day I just walked around the area that we stayed in ( South Kensington) and ate then went to bed. The next day we took a tour of the famous sights Big Ben, the tower of London, Westminster those kind of things. I then walked to Abbey Road with some people I met which took through so many different places that werent as touristy. The people there were very rude to the americans some people really didnt like us which was strange but i was still nice back. Aslo everything was wicked expensive! I didnt want to buy anything. The next morning we ate breakfast packed and thenwent to kensington gardens and had a picnic where we tried to communicate with 3 polish people and one italian in the park who didnt know englsih and we did not know italian or polish so it was eventful. Then we went on the plane and head to South Africa. More on that later though i want to go and read Harry Potter so I will put some pictures up and I will hopefully add more later.
this is me at the natural history museum in front of a huge dinosaur.





Westimsinter abbey

Big ben


tower bridge from london bridge

the tower of london

me "calling" someone on the phone

a guard at buckingham palace

abbey road i am in the back

One of my favorite parts was KINGS CROSS STATION!!! OH Harry potter. I have the seventh book now and am currently in the process of reading it so no one tell me anything please





i am a witch i am going through the platform!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Ellen,

So glad you got your blog up and running. It will be great to see your photos and read your impressions. Make the most of your adventure!

Mom

maRISSa said...

Awesome pictures E! Love the one of you running into 9 & 3/4! :) Hope you are having a fabulous time! Have you met any cool people?