Sunday, April 13, 2008

short and sweet

Okay so my life this week. On Sunday Katy and I made cookies although the no bake cookies turned out fairly well but the snicker doodles not so much. They didn’t cook well at all and the dough was too liquidy so we have just been eating the batter. And I have done most of the eating of the batter but that is okay. After that we went to Brazen Head a local bar and watched a Manchester United soccer game then went to a friends flat and had a glass of wine and socialized. After that we came home and a few people visited and people started coloring the coloring book that I brought. It was a nice low key but really fun night.

Gary Scott and Ernst coloring

On Monday I had class as normal but that night was the rugby finals! Maties (Stellenbosch) vs. Ikeyes (University of Cape Town). What a game! It was close the whole way through. We ended up being down 9-10 with the last few seconds in which a try (kind of like a touch down) was called back. But with the last seconds of the game we scored a try and right after the extra point was kicked the game was over which means that the Maties won 16-10! It was packed and a whole lot of fun. Chels and I ran onto the field after…man it was amazing. Here are some pictures:

Emily and Katy



Me and Chels




The next day classes as normal but that night was the International Food Evening. When I was there I got food from Gabon, Austria, Finland, South Africa, and Russia. They were all really good unfortunate I don’t know what most of the food that I tried was called but the South African food was milk tart and Austria was an apple strudel. On Wednesday I went to a braai at hillbillies for a friends birthday which was fun. Thursday I hung around I didn’t feel very well and ate chocolate did some work and watched a few episodes of a TV show online. Friday evening I went to a rugby game of a friend of mine in my class. It is a game of a residential hall vs another residential hall. His team won by he got hurt not to bad he just couldn’t play the rest of the game. Then yesterday Katy and I went looking for costumes because our friend, Scott, had a 21st birthday party and the theme was Alice and Wonderland. So that is what I did last night, which was a lot of fun and I realized that it was my first 21st birthday party because I am missing everyone’s back home. This afternoon the boys ganged up on the girls (there were 3 girls and 7 boys fair fight I know) and threw us in the pool…not cool but overall it was soo much fun.

Me and Katy

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (Paul and Gary)

Ernst
So that was my week. Short and sweet I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.